GC69: Chestnut Theme Challenge: Ancient Ages

Ancient ages always brings to mind ( or mine anyway) the great Roman and Greek architecture. ( could be all that art history I took in school) And since the outer walls of the Roman Coliseum is made of travertine, that is what I chose for my background, or backstone (ooooh, booo! hiissss!)
I know that's bad, bad! I used 3 different sizes of travertine tiles, they total 6" high and 8" wide. I got to get out some of my favorite stamps for this project. They are from Beeswax, Frantic Stamper, Uptown Designs and MJ Barber. I did a few images then scrapped acrylic paint (from the tube type) over them, then stamped more images. When everything was pretty well set I used Tom Holtz Vintage Photo ink and aged the edges of each tile. They are mounted on a picture frame I had been meaning to throw away. Instead I painted the frame and hot glued the tiles to it, now it sits on a small easel here in my over crowded craft room. ;)

Comments

wwilloww said…
WOW Krisha!! Those tiles are wonderful!!! It is an exceptional piece of art!!!
Lucy Edmondson said…
This is brilliant, Krisha,

Lucy x
Vicki Romaine said…
I love these stamps! Great job.
Michele said…
this is really special, beautifully done!
Lynne Moncrieff said…
Krisha this is stunning. Off to have another look at this piece of art. WOW. Lynne M x
Cazro said…
This is so awesome. Fantastic aging, I love it.
Unknown said…
These are so pretty Krisha!!! I love the aged look you created on the tiles!! Bet they look incredible all framed up like a gorgeous piece of art!! BTW...those two granddaughters are beautiful. I am so tickled with my own sweet granddaughter and my DIL is talking of having number two. I know I would be just as tickled with another, but I hope they wait a while longer...I'm having too much fun spoiling the first one and 2 has been such a fun age. I know you enjoy these girls to no end!!! Hugs!!!
These are stunning...and are perfect for the challenge. Thank you for joining us at Ginersnaps this month. x
Vada said…
Oh Krisha, Very nice!! Love it.
Stampin' Hugs Vada
Terry said…
Oh I love your collage of ancient images! Stunning piece!