Two Challenges with one card!!!

Happy Friday to everybody, it is definitely a TGIF day for me.  Over at Card Patterns they have this sketch to follow, something a little different and quite a challenge.
This is the card is for the challenge at Paper Play.  Their challenge was for "Mother", and for the above sketch challenge.  I was digging for something and came across these stickers and they made me think of my Mom.  They are 3-D and have glitter on them, sorry the scan doesn't show them well.  I stamped the background of the card with a soft green ink first.  I cut the grid (it looks blue but it is a lavender) with my Cricut and mounted that onto a light green vellum and then mounted it to the card.  I tucked the floral stamps under and over the grid.  I chose a double lace trim with pearls down the middle, but trimmed off one side to get the effect I needed.  The cream bow finished the trim.  I added two pearls at top right and a small butterfly sticker to the top left.  I cut a tag of the same lavender paper and stamped Mom on it.  I am so pleased with the final card and really wish my Mom was still here to see it, she just loved all kinds of flowers.
You can check out the challenges here:
sketch: http://cardpatterns.blogspot.com/2012/02/sketch-153.html
Mother: http://paperplaychallenges.blogspot.com/
Hope everyone has a very "inky" week-end.

Comments

Shelly Schmidt said…
You are really on a creative roll recently! I love this pretty card- great color combo and love the beautiful flower stickers!
Terry said…
So delicate and pretty! Great job on the challenge combo! Happy Saturday!