Playing in my Art Journal

 Oh what fun these two pages were! I embossed for a resist, painted, gessoed and inked.  I brushed, smeared, dripped, squirted and stenciled!  So there are a lot of layers.  I have watched quite a few videos on You Tube and they use the neatest stuff, that I can not go out and buy (even if I could find it locally, retirement sucks when it comes to that LOL ) So I came across this saying on Pinetrest and it fit so I borrowed it.
I usually keep what Halloween crafts I do on the cutesy side, but this year my dark side keeps running through my fingers.  Wait till I post the ATC for the swap......maybe next week.
These two pages were just some play time with the Cricut and paint.  I bought this cartridge late last year and really didn't get a good chance to use it.  I realized I do not have any black paint, but the purple was better so the black cut-outs would show.  I love both of these fences and couldn't make up my mind so I used them both.  The ghosts were cut from vellum.  I added the orange pumpkin as the whole thing was getting quite dark, even though it is supposed to be night time... duh!!
So that has been my weekend, two double pages in my journal, two scrapbook pages and a weath.
So what did you do this weekend?

Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Alexa said…
Looks like you had fun! I love the halloween ghosts and the spooky gate.
Marjie Kemper said…
I was going to say just what Alexa said - looks like you had a blast! Gorgeous build up of color on that first spread, and I love the fences and ghosts below.
2amscrapper said…
love the pages you created!
Sandi McLean said…
Adore all of your pages. I am going to use your idea of using purple as the night background so the black shows up! How clever is that!!
DIYDesignStudio said…
These are really great pages! Danica and Megan are dolls!