Save the TATAS~ First page of my new journal


OH yes, I finally couldn't stand it any longer and got out my new art journal.....whaaahoo! Love the fact that the pages are made for mixed media.  Since this is October and that means Breast Cancer Awareness I chose that for my theme.  I covered the page with gesso then added pink and white acrylic paint.  Then painted the TATAS.  I added tissue paper along the bottom and up the sides. (I was going to use it on the tatas but that would make them wrinkled looking and this is NOT a self portrait LOL) Then painted it with the pink and white....love the texture tissue paper gives.  I added different die cut flowers and more paint, and a little ink.  I drew an outline of a ribbon in pink with puffy paint and added the words with white puffy paint.  Little flowers and pearls finished the TATAS.
Some may not feel this is appropriate but I have had two very good friends and a cousin that all fought breast cancer and are all alive today and cancer free! AND I feel so lucky to have them.  So here is to Cindy, Debby and Marie "May there be many more birthday celebrations in your lies!"
AND since PINK in the challenge over at The Stamping Boutique I'm going to enter this there.
http://thestampingboutiquechallengeblog.blogspot.com/

Until later.........wear those ribbons and THINK PINK......SAVE THE TATAS!!!

Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Great page Krisha! Valerie