You're a Hoot!

Happy Thursday Blog Friends!!
Owls are so popular now and when I saw this stamp in the dollar bin at Michael's I couldn't resist it.  I stamped the background tag with a stamp from the "Back to Nature" set from Rogue Redhead Designs, such a cool wood grain!  I stamped the image twice, once on cream cs and then on brown cs.  I colored the highlights of the owl with gel pens, added rhinestones for the eyes, then cut him out and placed him on top of the first stamped image.  I drew him a branch to perch on, then mounted the image on brown cs and then onto the tag.  I walked outside and found some dried weeds and added them for a little texture.
The owl stamp w/sentiment has no name on it, so I don't know who makes it, too bad I think he is so cool, and I love the sentiment too.  I have twine at home that I will use to attach the tag to a gift.
Thanks for stopping by and love to hear your comments.
Have a great day!

Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Almo said…
Hi Krisha, You have my attention with this little fellow, I love owls and he is so cute. Love the texture you have given to the tag with the dried grass. Hugs Mo x
Terry said…
I have seen quite a few owl images as well and love them! This is just adorable and I love the pop of red and green! Happy Thursday to you and that means tomorrow is TGIF!
Sandi McLean said…
He is "hoot sweet" LOL