Beach Canvas for RRD DT project

RRD DT 001
I chose a 5" x 7" canvas for this project, just getting back from a week at the beach makes me melancholy to go right back!  I wanted a really weathered look for the background and things got a little tricky.  I started with a couple coats of Gesso, leaving heavy lines in it.  Once that was dry I added a coat of white acrylic paint, and using the embossing gun started drying it, and dragging my paint brush back through it to make it rough. I repeated the same step again and let it dry good.  Then came the crackle finish and a couple hours of drying.   To make the crackle stand out I used a brown Gelato and a baby wipe to get the color into the cracks and still wipe off the excess.  I continued to use the Gelatos to color the background, making the sky, ocean and the beach, I used my finger to rub the colors on.  I stamped the sail boat onto the canvas with StazOn black ink, so the birds and thin lines of the mast would show, and before it was completely dry rubbed the black waves with a Q-Tip to soften them.  I repeated the image on white glossy card stock, colored it with markers and trimmed it out. I glued the paper image over the  canvas image, and worked the edges with the blue Gelatos I used for the water.  The anchor is stamped right onto the canvas with StazOn Timber ink, I used a damp Q-Tip to pull some of the Gelato color off parts of it to give it a little more highlight.  The birds were stamped with StazOn black ink, colored, trimmed and glued to the opposite corner.  For the finishing touch I used a dark brown Gelato around the edges and smudged it with my fingers.
These are only three of the stamps form the Beach Babes RRD005 plate of stamps.

Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

kay said…
This is awesome x
trisha too said…
Wonderful canvas, Krisha--the crackle gives it a great aged appearance.

:)
Rossella said…
Fantastic Krisha, I love it
Rosie x
wodnerful indeed Krisha, Shaz in oz.x
Anonymous said…
Your canvas is completely amazing! I love all the fabulous details and effects you used! Completely stunning!