Getting Inky on a Tag

 
 
Hello FRIDAY!!  Did you think it was going to be left out this week?  LOL
 
Today's offering is a tag that I had loads of fun creating, and is my DT piece for the Rogue Redhead Designs blog.  Not been there?  Oh my, wonderful place and the design team I get to play with are top-notch gals!

I started with a water color tag, for strength, but really had no direction of where I was going to go with this tag..  I did glue a patterned paper to it, but it kinda got lost oncest I really got started. From there I just kind-a threw stuff at it, and what stuck I used!!  LOL I used stamps from the Rogue Redhead Designs RRD 012: Behind the Scenes , using Timber StazOn ink.  The sentiment is from RRD013 This N That plate.  The die cuts were a gift from Carole check her out here. The middle medallion I used Pearl Ex on the middle, and touched the outer edges with while acrylic paint.  For a little "bling" I added a rhinestone to the middle and to each corner.

I wanted the sentiment to be some sort of tag thingy, but didn't want it to cover the middle medallion, so I swung it to the side and glued it in place, then it gave me the opportunity to add a fuzzy fiber and some wooden beads, colored with inks.
So what stuck?
modeling paste, using zig-zag stencil
Gesso
Gelatoes
homemade spritz and sprays
Pearl Ex
StazOn timber ink
White acrylic paint

When ever I am doing a mixed media piece I ALWAYS get out the Redhead Designs RRD 012: Behind the Scenes  stamps.  They are just the most versatile set of stamps I own.  If you like to do mixed media cards, tags, ATCs and journal pages, this set is a must have.
(No I don't get kick backs for this, or own stock in this company.  I just LOVE these stamps

Thanks for taking time to stop by.
Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Oh, I love me a good mixed media tag and this one is AMAZING!! Love the colors and design, great technique as well! I need to pull out stamps to play more! Love this! xo xo
Rossella said…
Gorgeous, rich tag, love it
Rosie x
SusanLotus said…
Gorgeous tag!
Have a lovely weekend!