Holiday Inspiration Club

You don't know about the Holiday Inspiration Club?  It is hosted by Rogue Redhead Designs Click on either to get all the details.  The challenge this month is One Layer Elegance. 

For this card I chose a snowflake embossing folder with an easy oval frame., and just ran the front through.  I laid the easy frame over the front and drew a green oval.  I also used the same easy frame to cut a mask to open the oval and cover the card face.  I stamped the Santa image (RRD014-Christmas Cheer ) with black StazOn ink, then cut a mask to cover the image.  Once the image and the front of the card were safely masked I chose the holy, from the same plate and stamped it with green ink to create the background behind Santa.
After removing the masks I colored his hat with a marker and face and highlights with pencil.
WAALA! a elegant one layer card!

This Christmas Cheer, 1/2 plate, RRD014 is on SALE for only $10.00 until January 31.  It has some great vintage images on it.  I don't know about you but I have joined this club so that I won't be caught short for Christmas cards THIS year.

You don't have to use Rogue Redhead Design stamps to play along.  It would be super if you did!

Hope to see your submissions soon!
Inky Hugs'Krisha

Comments

Vicki said…
Krisha, love your CAS card with the pop of red!
Darla said…
I was confused when I opened the post, thought I'd fallen back a month, LOL! The card is great and starting now with Christmas cards will be a big boost when the time comes to get them all done and in the mail.

Darla
Anonymous said…
What a fab card! Love the effect!!