My two Favorite New Year Cards



These cards were made a couple years back, but STILL rank my favorites for this time of year, thought I would share them again.



Yep! Time to relax, well maybe to some degree.  My crafting space needs a good going through.



















Number 1 resolution?  I don't make resolutions, haven't for many years.  It took me a long time to realize they are just a fantasy of my own making....LOL

But I am a list maker, and always have been.  I make list for everything from what I need to clean to what new stash I want, to listing the stores I need to go to in the order I need to get to them.  Compulsive?  Probably so....


So I have been thinking about getting started with crafting, card making and stamping for the new year (that's today). I decided to make me a list of prompts to get me jump started.  I plan on cutting them apart, folding them and putting them into a container.  Then draw one out and take the challenge presented to me.
Good ides?  I think it might work, for how long I have no idea.  Could be just an other fantasy, but I'll at least start........
So here is my list of prompts:


Case a technique use a  rosette
join a challenge use pearls
make ahead DT project use ink ONLY on card
use an OLD stamp use gold leafing
make a journal page use a resist technique
use only scraps make a thank you card
use masking technique make a vintage card
male birthday card make  a sympathy card
kid's birthday card make an art journal
Christmas card make a card with decorative edge
use already made die cut try a new technique
use embossing folder DONE weave a background
use embossing powder use spray inks
use a NBU stamp use Gellatoes
case a card from blogger use felt pens
make a quick book make a post card
white on white carduse water color pencils DONE
use vellum make a monochromatic card
make a tag make a doodle/tangle page
recycle something
use something from nature
use ribbon from stash
use a stencil DONE
use modeling paste
use gesso

What to you think?  Think I can make it through all of them?
Can't say it I will draw one daily or just when ever, but I'll keep you up dated...LOL

First prompt drawn is:(drum roll here) "use embossing folder"

Stay tuned..................................................

Inky Hugs
Krisha





Comments

Monica said…
Interesting list and quite specific. I think when you make a card like sympathy or Thank yous it is worth making more than one. it always seems when you make one you use it immediately.
kay said…
Good to see another fan of lists,there's always something satisfying about crossing of a job done :-) loved your cards and the second one is most apt for me at the moment x
Darla said…
Great cards. You are so productive I think you will probably get through your list of prompts with no problem.

Darla
It is nice to have prompts so I think your list will come in handy. It will be especially useful if you give yourself permission to use it as a guideline not a do or die list. I think it is a great idea. I don't do resolutions either. I do have some nebulous card goals of sending out more cards for more occasions (or just because) and being on top of holiday cards. Your list of prompts could be helpful to me too! Happy playing!
trisha too said…
FUNNY!!!

Oh yes, you'll make it through all those, and more!

:)