Journal 52 week 7: "Your Dream Job"

Going with a mixed media page this week.  Since I am WELL past wanting a "job" or having dreams of some fantastic type job that over pays and not much effort is needed (grin) I had to think about this "Your Dream Job" prompt.

I really do not remember a time that I did not want to be a mother and a grandmother, actually I wanted to just skip to grandkids. But now having gone through the process I can't imagine what life would have been like with out my boys. 
So, in REAL truth I do have my dream job!

The background is Dylusions sprays and some alcohol sprays.  I had spent one afternoon just die cutting flowers and leaves then spritzing and spaying them, and since they were just laying there.....
I did buy a couple Prima Doll stamps over the weekend, so one was added with paper piecing.  I dug out all the sticker alphabet (well not ALL) and added the words.

Some people are having a hard time with the Journal 52 idea.  I have read on Facebook, that many are intimidated by what they see posted, they forget this is a "workshop" so there are many levels of artists and such a WIDE range of types of art.  ME? yeah, right!  I have not one intimidated bone in my body......LOL

Happy Journaling!
Krisha

Comments

Netty said…
Love your pretty page Krisha and would love to know how your did that fabulous lettering. Annette x

http://nettysartadventures.blogspot.co.uk/
Nan G said…
Glad it's your dream job, Krisha, not my cup of tea at all. Intimidated? Yep that's me...or maybe it's a lack of self confidence, that's it. I've enjoyed your Journal 52 posts. Look forward to more. Yea I got home before the wall caught fire. :0! It was still a ton of work for this partially disabled body to do. But...back to crafty endeavors this weekend! Woot Woot! Thanks for the earlier visit! Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #86
This is NOT shallow at all. We both came up with the same idea in the end. We are both living our dream jobs, no matter what we've done in the past. I'm happy this is your dream job, and admire what you do. I'm a bit like Nan, though. It's not for me. After all, Bleubeard is enough of a handful (grin).

It's times like this I should probably be on Facebook. Like you, I'm not intimidated. If I were, I wouldn't post at all. Glad to see we are both built of strong stuff.
Monica said…
Krisha, I just joined this group. Found it quite by accident and read her blog and decided I do need a jump start to get off Pinterest and other social media. i love, love what you made. it is really you.
Darla said…
Great page and it is a great job, I can attest to that. I love looking at work people do for challenges. I don't join them though because I don't think I'd every keep up.

Darla
Yes, I talked to a friend who was intimidated by the whole thing and I reminded her it was her book and she should make it make her happy. If that meant changing the theme of a page or taking her own off-beat interpretation of it. Also, no one is grading these! I haven't heard back from her on this. I hope she did it. I think she'd enjoy it.

And how exciting that you have your dream job now!!! and now we know what the page on your desk was all about!
Daniella said…
Fabulous page!! You know I'm not on that prompt, since you visited and saw I just finished #3! I hope to do #8 and catch up some day!!
I love the layering and of course, the spray inks! I have 2 boys and they are my life! they are 17 & 15 now. It goes by so fast!!
xxDaniella