Inlaid Die Cut with Rogue Redhead Designs

 
 
The other morning, while having my coffee, I was looking for something on You Tube and got distracted (such an easy thing to do there, can't even remember what I was looking for now) by a video about inlaid die cuts, by Jennifer McGuire  She did an excellent job in this video tutorial.  She made it easy enough o follow, so I gave it a try. 
Now I'm not as good at describing the whole process, so might want to watch the video first  LOL here is the link:  Jennifer McGuire's video

My card features an image from the Milliner Misses mini plate of stamps on an oval die cut.  The background was cut with the same die, using a double thickness of paper over cs.  I added a yellow paper behind the die cut image before placing the image in the hole in the background.  Huh?? Why not just glue it on??  Well, what this does is make the die cut image FLAT with the background, you know.....inlaid!  I really like this idea, and looks really cool in person.
 The Milliner Misses Plate RRD007 is the featured plate of stamps for the month of May.  It is a mini plate and is on sale this month for $5.00 (un mounted)    LOVE the vintage look of the Misses!

I am entering this card in the Dies R Us #1 - Anything Goes

Let me know you came by, and if you perchance watched the video.

Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Darlene said…
Nicely done! Love the gingham ... goes perfectly with this image! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Team Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

Rossella said…
Love this, have to check out the video
Rosie x
Debi said…
Krisha, just love this card, I'm tempted to have a go at the inlaid die cut- looks so good! Debi xx
Robin said…
Nice bright card AND I love gingham!
I'm confused, but that is quite normal for me lately. I guess you have to have a die cutter and such to truly understand what is going on. When I have a free moment, I'll be back to see the video. For now, I'll just have to say I really like the looks of that card. I bet it would make a great Mother's Day image, too.
Anonymous said…
Love the fresh colors and the fun design!