Tic Tock......Time

Happy Monday Blogland!  It is a nice cool morning here in southern California, but will warm up as the day progresses.  We are experiencing (hopefully) the last hooray of summer with temps getting into the mid to upper 90' (F) toward the end of the afternoons.  But the nights and morning are wonderfully cool, and the AC is only getting used in the late afternoons now.......yeah!

Sunday I had some good ole play time at Betsy making some cards for a few challenges that I had jotted down.  Seems like ages since I made cards....just for the fun of it!  This card shows a little stencil play along the edge of a cream based card, using TH Clock stencil, and Distressed walnut brown ink, then a boarder of brown Washi tape and a sentiment from Recollections.  Quick and simple does it for this one.

I am entering this card in the following challenges:

Addicted to CAS challenge 49 Use a Stencil
This is a 2 week challenge that has just started and there is still 11 days to join in.  Pop over to their blog and enjoy lots of eye candy inspiration!

Order of the Opus Gluie challenge 193 Time 
This is a 2 week challenge, that has just started, so there is plenty of time to join the fun.

So this is one of three cards I completed, and that means there is going to be two more posted added this morning.......am I on a roll or what????

Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

jinxxxygirl said…
WEll Krisha this card is beautiful! Just brilliant! I think i have that same stencil! Now you've given me some idea how to use it!

It sure doesn't feel like October does it? Well it doesn't feel like how I think October should feel... I should be reaching for a sweater not a fan. LOL! Stay cool! Hugs! deb
Rosemary said…
It is feeling very autumnal in Maryland, the kind of chill in the morning that makes you want to snuggled down deeper into the bedding! But, TIME marches on (see how clever this Poobah is, she even inserted a segue with the Opus Gluei theme), and we have to be carried along with it. Your card is marvelous, I love that impact that the stenciled border makes and the colors are restful and this makes for a card that really would work for either a man or woman. It's clean, classic, and very elegant.

Thanks for taking time to look us up over at Opus Gluei, feel free to share any more of your card making prowess with us (especially if you are on a roll).
sandie said…
Love the idea of just using the edge for the stencil and the added washi tape gives this a nice grounding. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS
Kylie said…
Beautifully stencilled and that sentiment is wonderful. Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx
This is beautiful! The stenciled area looks so dimensional...amazing.
Chat Noir said…
I really like your restricted colour palette.....and the shadowy imprints of clocks. Lovely card - I'd love to find this in my mail one day. Thank you for joining in our Opus Gluei challenge.
Electra said…
I love the simplicity and elegance of this lovely card. The muted colours and your stenciling are perfect. I hope we see you often at Opus Gluei, thanks for joining in with us for our Time challenge!