Week 40 of Jurnal 52

 
"For this week’s prompt, experiment with a new technique you haven’t tried yet. It can be something you’ve found on Pinterest or watched on YouTube or just trying a new medium you haven’t worked with yet." say the head master of Journal 52.
 
If you have been here before (my blog) you know that I am always trying something I've seen here or there (usually You Tube and Pinterest since these seem to be my favorite haunts).  So there really isn't much, if anything I haven't tried, except playing with the wax media.....which I am not interested in at all.  That left me with what?????  I decided to work with alcohol inks on WET Gesso, to start with....grin. I used a brayer and mushed it all in, added more alcohol and used an acrylic roller with rubber bands wound around it, that had been inked with a water base ink.  I even tried using  some Sharpie markers, then hitting them with alcohol spray (since these are alcohol base pens).  I finally used Staz-On ink with my acrylic roller......like that effect, and then just played with some inks running them as I turn and twisted the paper.  Once it all dried I wrote the word Experiment with a Calligraphy pen and outlined it with a silver paint pen.   I wanted to remember that this page was just an experiment! LOL!
 
Thanks for stopping by. please let me know you were here.
 
Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

jinxxxygirl said…
Experimenting is one of the best and most fun ways to learn Krisha. :) Hugs! deb
Your experiment turned out SUPER. I was really impressed. I fell in love with that background. And of course, you do such wonderful things with a calligraphy pen.