Rachel's SOC week 3 X 2

 
 
 
 
 
Rachel chose to keep her page smooth this week.  She used water color pencils, tube style water paint, white acrylic and stamps.  I love the simplicity of her page......and she thinks out where each patch of color will be, before adding it..... a really good eye for composition too.  The lighter shades are the water color pencil.  I am so glad to see her "try" some other mediums. 
 
Before working on our 4th of July center pieces, we thought we would do a trial run with the SOC colors. They both painted a bottle yellow, then added Crackle.......once it was dry she choose the lavender for her main color.  We didn't quite get the crackle we wanted, but she wanted to add glitter (what little girl doesn't like glitter???)  I gave her a really quick lesson with the double sided tape and let her loose........pretty good huh??  Then she picked out her initials form a bag of foam stickers.
 
 
Thanks for stopping by, please leave her a comment.
 
 



Comments

SCarol said…
I like the bottle and I Love the picture. Great words too, love how they are all different fonts.
Mary Ann Potter said…
Rachel, I love them both! Color and crackle and glitter --- a wonderful combination!
Linda Kunsman said…
wonderful entries Rachel! I absolutely adore your journal page!
Monica said…
A very nice page with lots of great layers and different media. The glitter letter is very cool.
Monica
Rolina said…
Wow, both are fantastic!
Rachel, your journal page is wonderful. I agree with Krisha. You have a GREAT eye for composition. The page flows nicely, and I like the various mediums you used. Just perfect SOC colors this week, too.
What a lovely page, Rachel! Very well done!
helena said…
great page and a good life question
Jenny said…
Lovely page Rachel... with words that really resonate... and I love the idea of crackling the bottle... the effects with the paint are fabulous...

Jenny X
Rachel, I love your quote and the amazing page you made with this week's colors. And the bottle try is fabulous, too! I always have trouble with crackle paint!
Great job Rachel! I really like those flourishes and the different print in your quote. You must be having the best summer ever crafting your way through!
Denise Price said…
The purple glitter is AWESOME!
Caz said…
Ah this is lovely! Dream big is one of my fave inspirational sayings!!