Hump Day RE-DOs

Here we are in the middle of the week..."hump day" down hill to the weekend from here.....LOL
 
 
I was re-visiting some journal pages, that I had done for a couple of challenges, that I just didn't like.  Do you ever end up with these?  Do you just leave them?  Normally I do just let them be, as "bad art", but these two pages I just couldn't let be, they were driving me nuts!!!  I know, I could just leave the journal closed, but I couldn't forget about them.......LOL
 
So I took some Gesso and then some acrylic paint to them, and started over.  The above one was kept very simple indeed.  After getting the background painted I added a napkin ( part of a gift from Chris)  I did pull the layers apart and tore the edges before adhering it to the page.  The sentiment is a stamp I have had for YEARS!!   Now I re-visit this page and smile.
 
 
This page, from the same journal, was covered with map-like pieces and I think the challenge had something to do with travel...........(ya think??)  It was all collaged down and VERY boring and said NOTHING to, or for, my MOJO.  I used some Gesso on it, but left a shadow of what was under it, and a little ink smear behind the die cut palm trees (which had been made for something else, then cast aside)  I took a marker and wrote escape across the page then added, yet an other cast off die cut of  sun glasses, with palm trees reflected in them.  The scan looks a little funny due to the fact that then lenses, of the glasses, have mirrored card stock on them.  I am now happy with this page and ready to move on.

Thanks for stopping by and having a look at my re-dos on "hump day".  Hope the reest of the week finds you happy and being creative.

Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Di said…
Love these Krisha! Especially the 'reflection' in the sunglasses :)

Hugs

Di xx
Mary Ann Potter said…
Love the way the pages turned out. I've re-worked things before, and I've also used a lot of gesso to cover up what hasn't turned out!
These are wonderful, Krisha. I don't care how bad my art is, I simply DO NOT go back and redo it. I'm thrilled you did, though.