No Gasping or Holding Your Breath!!

 
Yes, indeed this is my 4th post this week........no gasping or holding your breath PLEASE! *grin* 
It has been such a busy summer that my blogging all but died, BUT I'm back now and hope to keep up with all the Blogland adventures.
 
Our oldest GD, Hannah, will turn 9 years old next week and this is the card I created for her.  I have quite a few of these Prima Doll stamps and enjoy paper piecing them for cards......especially for the GDs.  ( I really have them because I loved paper dolls as a kid.....*grin*)
 
The card base was colored with Gelatos, then wiped with a wet wipe to blend it.  The white die cut was used for a little texture and design.  The doll was stamped onto a flesh colored paper and the hair colored with Prisma CP.  The dress was fussy cut from a snippet of paper that was hand decorated years ago.......back when all the pretty paper wasn't readily available.  For the ruffle and bow I used a little snippet of vellum, and touched the edges with gold glitter paint, along with the shoes.  Hannah like her sparklies.......just like G-ma!  hahaha!  The sentiment is a very old one from who knows where, stamped on a die cut vellum and gold embossed.  The number 9 was cut from the last snippet of an other hand decorated paper.
 
Remember hand decorating your own background papers??  Back when it was the "thing" to do I took cardstock, and /or colored construction paper and made background papers with webbing sprays ( who remembers those?) glitter sprays and just spray paint.  It was so much fun that I had piles of them......now they have all but become a memory.
 
I want to join a couple of challenges with this card, 613 Avenue Create: #137 Anything Goes
 
OUR BLOG BADGE
 
 
Pixies Crafty Workshop
 
 
Hope you have a super - great - creative weekend!
 
Inky Hugs
Krisha
 
 

Comments

Mary Ann Potter said…
So cute! (Can I let out my breath now?) Love the card.
I didn't hold my breath once. Mainly because I'm thrilled to see you blogging again, and making lovely cards and art that you didn't find on Pinterest. Now you know why I don't belong. It's either that or not make art, since my computer is SO slow.

Hannah is going to love it, and I know you'll take photos of her opening it, bling and all (grin).
Di said…
Oh what a great card for a nine year old Krisha! I love thos images too - and I also loved my paper dolls :)

Welcome to the snippets playground, am sure it's your first time here and I do so hope we see you again!

Hugs

Di xx
What a lovely card Krisha!
Darnell said…
It's wonderful to have you back to active blogging, Krisha! All your posts and creations this week are outstanding! Your sweet granddaughter Hannah is going to cherish this pretty card!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell
Lorraine said…
She's going to love that card! It's so darn cute.
Darla said…
My blog has been neglected over the summer too. There are just so many things to do the the computer sits and collects dust.

What an adorable card for an adorable Granddaughter.

Darla
I love this card! Very grown up! Emily (my only granddaughter) is 9 on the 26th so we have something else in common!!! I will show the card i made after that because she looks at my blog!! Hugs, Chrisx ps left a comment on last weeks T post too!