It's A Great Day to be Alive

 
It is a beautiful Sunday morning here in SOCAL and it is a great day to be alive, which brings me to this journal page I finished at the beginning of the week.  I've had a crazy-busy month and I took one evening to contemplate what to do with this page.....I had decided I didn't like what was originally on it and covered it with left over acrylic paint weeks ago.  I beefed up the background with some brighter colors, quickly drew in and colored the flower, then added the sentiment.
 
I saw this sentiment on Facebook, which had come from Pinetrest, I'm sure, and I really liked it....and it made me think of Travis Tritt's song "Its a Great Day to Be Alive".....and a journal page was born.
 
I have decided to link it up with the  Art Journal Journey......For the Record challenge.
 
 
Everyday is a great day to be alive, and the older I get the more I say that to myself....cause complaining isn't going to help make the day any better.....LOL!
 
I hope you join me in celebrating an other Great Day to be  Alive!!
 
Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Lovely page Krisha, thanks so much for joining us at Art Journal Journey, hugs, Valerie
Barb said…
Your page is lovely Krisha and the sentiment you chose is so true. Barbxx
Linda Kunsman said…
Brilliant journal page and a great song-so true! thanks for linking to AJJ!
Cara said…
Great sentiment on a fabulous page. Cara x
Hi Krisha!
So true so true! Love those colors on your page.
Thanks for stopping by my blog.
Cathy
Any day above ground is a great day. You interpreted this song well. Guess I've never heard of it, but I love how you turned it into an artful masterpiece.
An AMAZING page Krisha!
Thanks so much for joining us at
Art Journal Journey!
Happy new week to you!
oxo Susi
I've never listened to Travis but these words are very moving. I'm glad I stopped by. Beautiful piece today. :)
Hi Krisha, your sentiment is so true. Every day is a precious gift not to be wasted. Have a great week, Angela x