Taking Time to Look Back

 

 

Wednesday, November 30, 2011


My first Christmas card-vintage style

Last night I sat down and decided I need to start my Christmas cards.  What to do, what to do, I have some new Santa stamps from Stubby Stampers, and the new stash I bought last year.....hmmmm. Then I remembered some vintage post cards that had been in my Grandmother's album when I was putting her info on the Family Tree.  So I got them out and scanned them into the PC.  This one has always been my favorite.  The original is almost a 5x8, but I printed 3x5 and trimmed the edges.  I mounted it on a darker blue background paper I had made years ago, then onto an embossed snowflake, then a mirrored silver.  The card I stamped a snowflake in a Pearlescent Sky Blue, before putting all the layers onto it.  I added a powder blue ribbon down the side.  Using the same pearlescent ink I stamped the sentiment, trimmed it small enough to add to the corner.  Powder blue pearls accent the middle of the flowers on the card, the center of the grunge flower I made and the flourish. I bought those pearls a year ago thinking baby cards, but they were all born girls....LOL A couple of snow flakes in the upper corner finished it off.
Stamps: Inkadinka do
Thanks for taking a look !
 
*********************************************************************************
 
Yes, I got rather windy with this post..*grin* This is still one of my favorite vintage post cards,  guess because it was my Grandmother's.
 
Inky Hugs
Krisha

Comments

Lisca said…
Lovely vintage Christmas card. Thanks for sharing it.
Happy Friday,
Lisca
Valerie-Jael said…
The card is gorgeous, lots of beautiful details. I haven't started making cards yet....Have a great weekend, hugs, Valerie
It turned out fabulous Krisha!
Happy weekend!
CJ Kennedy said…
Beautiful card and so much depth
What a beautiful card! Great idea! Hugs, Chrisx
This comment has been removed by the author.
I'm late and have no excuse, except I have been under the weather all day today. In fact, I slept most of the day, very unusual for me.

I have never seen this post before, so I am VERY glad you shared it with us again, for the first time for me. It's a wonderful card and a real tribute to your Grandmother.

Thanks for digging up this post for a second look on the 2nd. Your grandmother would be proud!
I forgot to mention, I like your new blog header. It's truly lovely.