T Stands for an other catch-up post!


Well, here I am trying to catch up with the T-gang over at Elizabeth's blog.  
This morning (earlier) I was set up for some devotion time and as I sat my coffee down I realized it was Tuesday, grabbed my camera and WA-LA here I am.  I had already prepped my Bible page with clear gesso and had slid a traceable behind it.  I had lightly traced it with an Inktense watercolor pencil.  

How it turned out.  The opposite page is a free hand drawing.  One thing about all this is I get a LOT of practice with lettering .......as you can see I NEED it...LOL!


OTHER HAPPENINGS

Our oldest son and wife decided to put their home on the market and look for something a little larger.  This meant that during showings I had to get the dog, and the family was here quite a few late afternoons, while the realtor showed their home. They had it sold and found one they liked and things were about to get very serious and then the buyer of their house pulled out of the deal :(. This meant our son had to pull out of the deal for the other house. I think they will wait for spring before putting it back on the market.

One afternoon Megan begged to stay here for a while.  We don't get much one on one time, so I was thrilled (proud grandma!)  She wanted to paint, so we picked out a scarecrow she wanted.  I did trace it onto the canvas board for her.  While she painted I worked on a page in my Bible.

A very serious little artist

Here she is with her painting...............pretty darn good for 7 years old.


I HAVE BEEN PAINTING TOO

My friend came over one afternoon and we painted this fall painting.  I found it on Pinterest., but we did add a few of our own touches.

THE WEATHER IS CHANGING

This tree had the first signs of fall.  It is our backyard.  It will be beautifully full of color by the end of the month.

I just love the fall colors and the cooler weather.

SPEAKING OF FALL....
The weekend, right after our 44th anniversary, my husband was in Los Angles picking up a gun safe, and fell and broke his hip!!!  Luckily he had asked a friend to go with him.......even though HE drove 2 1/2 hours back home!! He didn't want to go to the emergency in LA, so he came home and THEN we went to urgent care, got X-rays and they sent us immediately to the emergency room.  That was on a Sunday, Monday morning they did surgery and put three screws in his hip, Tuesday we came home.  He is doing really well, in fact he went back to work (driving a big rig truck) the next week.  He limps a little, when he gets tired and says there is a little pain.......but won't take pain pills!!! STUBBORN!!!!.....sigh!

BIBLE ART JOURNALING

Every time I mention Bible Art Journalig, I get requests to see what I am doing.  For those that are interested here a few samples.
I just discovered all this in February, and it has brought me deeper into God's word.  I call it my "play time with God".  Somebody asked me what I thought God thinks about me drawing and coloring in my Bible.  My answer: "I would think He would be pleased that I am spending time with Him and His word.  It's not the "book" that is holy, but the words"  She joined our little group that meets once a week.   So, what do I use to create in my Bible??? Just about anything I have....LOL!  The most important thing (I have learned from Rebekah Jones) is to prep the page with clear Gesso.......and what kind of clear gesso to use, because the pages are so thin and it keeps products from seeping through to the other side.
Rubber stamps, Inktense watercolor pencils and sticker letters

Washi tape and die cut

Colored pencil (traceable)  A lot of the pages have washi tape down the sides.......I'll explain that later

Inktense watercolor pencils, gold gel pen and Pitt pens for lettering

Sometimes it is just scrapped on acrylic and some words

Pitt pens and Inktense watercolor pencil...free hand.

Free hand Inktense watercolor pencil and Pitt pen..........yes, I LOVE my Inktense watercolor pencils for Bible Art Journaling!

There are days that there isn't much "art" involved.
This page is prepped, stamped and drawn out for Danica to color.  She is one of my GDs in San Diego. This Bible will go to her after I am no longer walking the earth...........hope she is a lot older by then....LOL!
When they were here, last spring, I let her color in the numbers on the first page.  She had just gotten into trouble for coloring in her Mom's Bible.  So the deal was made: that THIS Bible was the only one she and I would color in.  Since we will be in San Diego for Thanksgiving....and her 7th birthday I thought I had better get a few pages ready for her.
It has gotten a little thick with all the tabs, markers and drop ins that have been added.  So, I am about finished with this one and have ordered an other one that I will illustrate for my grandson, Taylor.....who is Danica's little brother.  I have decided to do one for each of the 5 grandkids, plus it keeps me "in" the Lords word.

Sorry about such a long post.........I left out a lot of other things LOL!  But it is time to get this posted and get linked up with the T-gang.

It's going to be a busy week, but I will try and get back to everyone that visits.......Happy T-day!!


Comments

Valerie-Jael said…
Good to see you around again and nice to catch up on your comings and goings. Love the autumn painting and the Bible journaling, great idea. Happy T day, hugs, Valerie
Anonymous said…
Good to see you back. Love the pumpkin painting. You really caught the feel of autumn. And you have been busy with your Bible painting. It is look great! Happy T day. Hugs-Erika
Wow, how lovely to spend time with your family and your granddaughter is a fabulous artist 😁. I love your autumn painting, it is so detailed and very beautiful! I enjoyed seeing your Bible Journalling too, your art is amazing and they will make such wonderful gifts for your grandchildren who will cherish them I'm sure 😀. Wishing you a Happy T Day! J 😊
I am SO glad you posted. You have NO idea how worried I was about you. I even asked Deb if she had heard from you. So glad also to know your husband is doing OK, even though he sounds really TOUGH.

Your autumn drawing/painting is fabulous. I love the shading and the depth. It is truly lovely. Of course, Megan is turning into a real artist herself (with a bit of help from proud Grandmother).

Your Bible journal pages are simply incredible. Those children will be so proud of them in years to come. You are certainly starting them on the right path.

Thanks for sharing your FABULOUS art, Megan's sweet art, and your coffee with us for T this Tuesday. SO glad you are back!
kathyinozarks said…
great fall colors coming on-ours are late this year too-awesome paintings and really awesome Bible journal pages-I have never seen that done before-pretty cool
Happy T Day Kathy
I was delighted to see your name in the link-up list, then even more so when I saw your post, Krisha! I love your Bible spread on the top and your lettering looks fine to me.

How disappointing for all involved - except for the (incondsiderate?) buyer who backed out. What a shame. I wish them better luck next time. I love the photos of your granddaughter painting. I would have guessed she was nine or ten if you hadn't spilled the beans. I can guess where she gets her talent from ;-)

So sorry to hear about the broken hip. Wow, he must be really hardy. Here I sit whining about simple knee surgery that was done 3 weeks ago! Shame on me.

Thank you, thank you for the walk-through of your Bible art. It's amazing and inspiring. I love your answer to the person who asked what God might think if it. I agree. Thanks also for the tips.

Happy T-day! Hugs and blessings, Eileen

Meggymay said…
Good to read your post today. Your Bible art is amazing, I am sure these gifts to your grandchildren will become family heirlooms and hold good memories for the family.
Your grand daughters painting looks wonderful, I also thought she must have been older.
Your Fall painting looks fantastic as well.
Happy T day wishes.
Yvonne
Linda Kunsman said…
first off I fell in love your gorgeous header!!! I'm wanting time to do a page with a glowing candle and book or two...
Too bad about the house sale falling through. Bummer, but something better is in the horizon. Megan , I adore your scarecrow-I do love a happy , colorful guy:)
Glad to here your hubby is recuperating so well Krisha-and I know all about these men who won't take something for pain;)
Your Bible art is just beautiful and I love how you say it keeps yuo conected to your beliefs and your God. Thanks for taking so much time to catch us all up with your life. Be well, and happy T day!
I'm so sorry about your hubby's fall but am happy he's on the mend. I love your seasonal header! I've never seen art on Bible pages like that. I think of it as something to read and study and had never considered adding art to that. Happy T Tuesday!
jinxxxygirl said…
So good to see you Krisha! My you have been busy! And your poor hubby! He sure seemed to come thru it with flying colors though... wishing him all the best... What a gorgeous painting you made Krisha! Really impressive! And Ms. Megans painting is lovely too.. How is the house building coming for you my dear??? Thats terrible about your son's house... We've sold two houses in our life and knock on wood .. so far so good.. One we sold in 15 minutes lol and the other took two weeks...One we sold in the late summer and one in the Spring.. Happy happy T day! Hugs! deb
Kate Yetter said…
Your Bible art journaling is so beautiful. I think that it is so funny that someone asked what God thought about you drawing in your Bible. Makes me chuckle. Your answer was perfect and so true! I have never though about Bible art journaling but I think I would love to try it. I have a Bible with wide margins that would be perfect.
Your fall painting is so gorgeous and is a wonderful work of art! It will look amazing on a wall somewhere.
Happy Tea Day,
Kate
I love both yours and Megan's paintings - you're right - an artist on her way I think! I love seeing your Bible art journaling. My friend Sarah has a Bible journal, I love to see hers and it's something I have considered for a while. It would be good I think to focus on the words of the Bible in this way! I have bookmarked Rebekah Jones and will take a proper look later! Such a lovely idea to do them for your grandchildren too! Belated Happy T day! Chrisx
nanskidrewski said…
So much great art and creativity on your page. Very inspiring. Happy t(hurs)day!
Darla said…
Catching up with you my friend. Neither of us has been blogging as frequently as we used to. I was so happy to see the art you've been creating. I've heard a couple of comments about clear gesso. So far I haven't tried it but I have it on my list of supplies to buy next time I'm at the art store. Again, just glad to meet up again.
Dianne said…
Oh my goodness what a treasure your Bible is, and love that it's promised to your granddaughter! And your fall painting is really Stunning too...
Barb said…
Your Bible journalling is beautiful work Krisha. It looks as if Meg an is a real budding artist too. I'm sorry that your son and his family lost out on the house they had found. The same thing has just happened to my friend. My goodness your Huby sounds like a real super hero to be recovering from his break and surgery so well and without pain killers too. Wishing him continued progress. I love your new header by the way. Hugs. Barbxx